OGDEN — Two fire agencies responded to a chimney fire at a two-story Ogden motel Saturday afternoon.
Bystanders reported the fire just before 5 p.m. at the Colonial Motel at 1269 Washington Blvd. Crews worked to put out the fire and evacuate the motel, according to a statement from the Ogden Fire Department. A total of 17 firefighters from Ogden City Fire Department and Northview Fire Department responded with two engines, two ladder trucks, a rescue truck and an ambulance.
Officials said the fire was contained to the chimney area.
The fire caused up to $50,000 in damages. The cause is currently under investigation. No injuries were reported.